January 22, 2017

Winter Penguins Valentines Card ft. Craftin Desert Divas

Hey there! Today I'm sharing another winter themed card, but this time it's a Valentine's Day card as well. Isn't this image just adorable?! This is Love Letters & Hugs and it's one of the newer digi stamps from Craftin Desert Divas. The night sky/color scheme is inspired by CDD's monthly challenge mood board (shown below). 


I started by creating a scallop circle mask with the third largest die in Stitched in Circles set. Then I distressed my card front with Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves distress inks. I've also splattered some water onto the distressed area so that the faded circles mimic falling snow. Can you tell that lately I'm a little addicted to drawing snowflakes with my white gel pen? I think they add a nice touch to cards and definitely pop  up against this dark background. 
I colored my penguins with Copics and all the colors I've used are listed below: 
Penguins: C1(face & belly) C3, C5, C7 (body) 
Y11, Y13, Y15 (beak & feet) R02 (blush) V09, Y13, G21 (flower)
 Letter: RV11, RV29
Ice: C3, B32
I added a piece of washi tape since it matched the color scheme perfectly and the pattern kind of resembles snowflakes. Then I added my sentiment strip and wrote the sentiment with a white gel pen. I applied some wink of stella to the penguins for some extra shine, and that finishes off the card!

Challenges Entered: 

2 comments:

  1. your card is adorable Jessica and those little dudes are so cute...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the addition of snowflakes to the galaxy background! Thanks for playing along with the MarkerPOP challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.