March 2, 2017

Floral Background Card ft. Winnie & Walter


EDIT: Happy Little Stampers Favorite

Hello and good morning! Can you tell that I'm a little addicted to my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush pens lately? After playing with them for a couple days now, I think I'm more comfortable layering and mixing different colors. So here is my watercolored floral background card. 


I was inspired by STAMPloration's sketch. 


I absolutely love the bold word dies from Winnie & Walter. For today's card I die cut the "love" one from white cardstock and silver glitter cardstock. Then I covered the entire silver die cut with my C7 Copic marker so that it has a gunmetal look. The glitter die cut serves more like shadow and I think it really helps the white die cut pop against the busy background. I foam mounted the word die as well. 


Since the floral background was watercolored in gray and the glitter die cut has a similar hue, I decided to add some vellum. Instead of just adhering a plain strip of vellum behind the word dies, I adhered three strips with torn edges. I also mounted the vellum layers with clear Kool Tak foam so they look more dimensional. Then I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from W&W's So Tweet set and embellished the card with a few sequins and rhinestones. The coloring process was really therapeutic and I had a lot of fun creating this card. I hope you've enjoyed looking at it, too. Have a wonderful day!

Challenges Entered:
  
Winnie & Walter 3rd Birthday Bash: Three Challenge (Three layers of vellum) / Sequin Challenge / Bright Colors Challenge / Mood Board Challenge (Inspired by the florals and colors) / Pattern Making Challenge // Dies R Us: Something New (First time tearing vellum and layering them)

 
STAMPlorations: Sketch / SSS Wednesday: ATG / Happy Little Stampers: Watercolor
    
Time Out: Love/Friendship (I chose the love theme) / Krumspring: Flowers / 7 Kids: ATG

11 comments:

  1. Could you BE any more talented?!?! I hope not, because I am already hanging my head in shame after seeing this amaaaaazing design. LOVE this. Pinned it! Thanks for playing at the STAMPlorations theme & sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANohter beauty from you! I am totally enjoying seeing your cards! Thank you so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations! :)
    Hugs
    Suchi-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...love, love your gorgeous card and love that torn vellum, turned out beautifully!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW this is just beautiful! Love the multiple torn layers and your bright colors! FANTASTIC!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Something New’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beauty... The colors look wonderful and I love the artistic feel of this card. Thanks for sharing also this card at our birthday celebrations at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous! The neutral color in the background really brings it all together without feeling like it's too much. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design. Love the bold colors mixed with the vellum and that bold sentiment. Thanks for sharing it with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a riot of gorgeous colour, Jessica ... bold, vibrant and fabulous ... and so delicious with the soft layers of vellum! Thanks so much for joining us for our 3rd birthday celebrations at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A possitive stunner, Jessica! Adore those gorgeous blooms. Wonderful way to accent your sentiment using the vellum, too. Thanks for playing along at HLS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! i love love everything about this layout. totally stunning. the colors, the placement. absolutely amazing.

    Thank you for joining 7 kids challenge blog at 7 kids your crafting supply store. i hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Yenni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Jessica, what a stunning card! I love your colourful flowers! So beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.